Dr. Carol Wray successfully performs arm lifts and other body contouring procedures for patients in the Roanoke Valley and surrounding areas including Salem, Blacksburg, Lynchburg and West Virginia, who want more contoured, firmer upper arms.
What is an Arm Lift (Brachioplasty)?
An arm lift, also called brachioplasty, is a surgical procedure to reshape the underside of the arm by removing excess skin to create a more contoured upper arm.
Benefits of an Arm Lift
Patients may enjoy the following benefits from arm lift procedures:
- Reduced amount of skin in the upper arm
- Improved appearance in the upper arm
- A tighter, less flabby upper arm
- Reduced fat in the upper arm
- Better fitting clothing
How is an Arm Lift Performed?
An incision is made on the underside of the upper arm. The excess skin is removed and the arm is contoured into a firmer, shapelier appearance. This procedure is done in an ambulatory surgery center.
Preparing for your Arm Lift
Patients must prepare for an arm lift with Dr. Wray by meeting with her for an evaluation of their medical health and history as well as a consultation about what their expectations are. Additionally, she may request the following steps to prepare for the surgery:
- Medical check-up and lab tests
- Stop smoking and using all nicotine products at least two weeks prior to surgery
- Stop taking any vitamins and nutritional supplements at least two weeks prior to surgery
- Stop taking aspirin and anti-inflammatory drugs two weeks prior to surgery
- Make at-home preparations for post-surgery recovery
- Arrange for someone to transport you to and from the procedure as well as stay with you that day and night, and bring you back the following day for a check-up
Arm Lift Recovery
Results from an arm lift procedure are immediately noticeable. There may be some swelling and bruising immediately following the procedure but that typically peaks within a couple of days of the procedure and greatly decreases within a couple of weeks. It is important to return to our office for follow-up appointments to ensure your arms are healing properly and contact us with any issues. You will be able to return to work within about two weeks of the procedure and regular exercise within four to six weeks. There is scarring along the underside of the arm, however, the extent depends on the location of the incision and the amount of skin removed.
Cost of an Arm Lift
The cost of an arm lift varies depending on the specifics of your procedure. During your initial consultation with Dr. Wray, we will discuss the procedures to achieve your goals, as well as the cost involved. We accept cash, and major credit cards including VISA®, MasterCard® and Discover® as well as offer financing options through CareCredit®. It is important to note payment is required in full prior to cosmetic procedures.
Is an Arm Lift Right for Me?
Arm lift procedures ideal for those who have excess flabby skin on the underside of the upper arms due to age, genetics or substantial weight loss. During your initial consultation, Dr. Wray evaluates your upper arms and discusses the options that best fit your goals with this procedure.
“The staff is always polite and very knowledgeable. They are caring and make you feel very comfortable.” – 6/23/15
Why Choose Dr. Wray?
Dr. Wray is well versed in the latest technological advances, ensuring that patients get the quality and personalized care they deserve.
- Over 25 years of experience performing plastic surgery and cosmetic procedures
- The only female board-certified plastic surgeon in the Roanoke Valley area
- Thoroughly answers questions and designs personalized treatment plans
- Experienced and caring staff makes patients feel welcome and comfortable
What Should I Expect from My Consultation?
Following an evaluation of your medical history and physical exam, Dr. Wray will address your concerns and goals, as well as answer all your questions. Your satisfaction is a top priority and her goal is to make sure you are educated about options and possible procedures.
Dr.Carol Wray is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and offers aesthetic plastic surgery and other in-office nonsurgical cosmetic procedures for the residents in the Roanoke Valley and surrounding areas including Salem, Blacksburg, Lynchburg and West Virginia. Please contact us to schedule your consultation.